Everyone is talking about the blow dry brush, and it seems to me that every brand has made one. You guys are asking me my opinion on them, and up until today I had not tried one. It seemed a bit like a disaster waiting to happen, I could just picture hair getting stuck, knotting and burning. Don’t call me a negative nancy, okay? I just was a skeptic and I really just didn't want to like it because maybe you wouldn’t want to come and hang out with me while I gave you a blowout.
So today, I tried out the double shot blow dry brush from dry bar.
(1) The boar bristles on the brush, helped give me a lot of tension, which helps to achieve volume and smoothness.
(2) It was pretty quick, I did cheat a little and rough dry my hair with my dyson blow dryer a little bit before I started, because the thought of putting the brush right through my hair caused me anxiety.
(3) It gave me smooth shiny results, and surprisingly it didn't tangle my hair at all, like not one bit (I still can not believe that).
(4) It created volume right at my root, which is definitely hard to achieve on yourself, and I am writing this hours after blow drying and I still have volume at my root (with a little balloon added of course...click button balloon to get you some now)
(5) My ends stayed more in control than usual, and that made me very happy.
If you are thinking about getting a blow dry brush, or if you already have them, I urge you to make sure you are getting a high quality dryer. Just like with a regular hair dryer the quality changes drastically between brands, and it can ruin your hair when you use a dryer with high heat and no sort of technology to control how the heat is hitting your hair.
Three blow dry brushes that I can fully get behind:
No matter which tool wins you over, please please do not forget to use a heat protectant. while this new technology is awesome to help you style have more longevity and volume, the heat is more direct, which means your hair more than ever needs to be protected. And when in doubt just book a blow out with me.
Have a beautiful week